Why... Why... Why?
This blog is dedicated to documenting error resolution and other tidbits that I discover while working as a Consultant in the Oracle EPM (Hyperion) field. As much of my job revolves around issue resolution, I see an opportunity to supplement the typical troubleshooting avenues such as the Oracle Knowledgebase and Oracle Forums with more pinpointed information about specific errors as they are encountered. Beware, the information found in this blog is for informational purposes only and comes without any warranty or guarantee of accuracy.

EPMVirt: Create your own Oracle Hyperion Virtual Environment:

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Oracle EPM 11.1.2.4 Installation & Configuration


I am currently running though install and config of the new Oracle EPM 11.1.2.4 release. The following is the roughly outlined process...


The 11.1.2.4 EPM binaries can be found here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/epm/downloads/index.html

I downloaded the following files:
Foundation-11124-linux64-Part1.zip
Foundation-11124-linux64-Part2.zip
Foundation-11124-Part3.zip
Foundation-11124-linux64-Part4.zip
Essbase-11124-linux64.zip
Apps-11124-linux64.zip

In addition, pick up the Client installers and OHS if you prefer to use OHS.

Installation

I ran through the installer, selecting nearly everything available:
/u0/install/epm/installTool.sh




Installer summary:



On to the config...

/u0/Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1/common/config/11.1.2.0/configtool.sh


I like to configure each component separately. I find that it helps localize any errors that might occur and helps keep my mind on a single task to avoid making human errors during config.



































































Starting the environment....

[oracle@EPMVirt database]$ /u0/Oracle/Middleware/user_projects/epmsystem1/bin/start.sh
Starting all
Apache Ant version 1.7.1 compiled on June 27 2008
Buildfile: /u0/Oracle/Middleware/EPMSystem11R1/common/config/11.1.2.0/resources/instance/start.xml
Finish all


Logging in...
http://epmvirt:9000/workspace/index.jsp




Next I will spend time to do some regression testing and make sure everything is working as expected. To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. You can find docs for 11.1.2.4 here http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E57185_01/index.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Nicholas,
    I got my EPMVirt environment working but I want to try to install the EPMA module.
    I've been trying for a while, but I can't find a way to get the configTool.sh working as you seemingly did in the pictures above. Could you please explain how to do it?
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi German,
    Unfortunately, EPMA is not supported on Linux. It is Windows only so there is no way to include it in EPMVirt.

    ReplyDelete