Why... Why... Why?
This blog is dedicated to documenting error resolution and other tidbits that I discover while working as a Consultant in the Oracle EPM (Hyperion) field. As much of my job revolves around issue resolution, I see an opportunity to supplement the typical troubleshooting avenues such as the Oracle Knowledgebase and Oracle Forums with more pinpointed information about specific errors as they are encountered. Beware, the information found in this blog is for informational purposes only and comes without any warranty or guarantee of accuracy.

EPMVirt: Create your own Oracle Hyperion Virtual Environment:

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Windows service restart in action...

A while back I wrote a post on automatic service restarts using Windows:
http://epm-errors.blogspot.com/2015/04/auto-restarting-windows-services.html

I recently had the opportunity to watch one of the Windows automatic service restarts happen in a real production scenario. Complete with pagers firing, alerts going off, and, at the end of it, a completely automatic service restart. This type of event is somewhat hard to trigger for testing, so it was nice to see it work as expected.

The event looked like this in Windows Event Viewer:

By the time I got logged in and was looking into the log file I noticed WebLogic starting back up. Ultimately, no action was required. I never did find any error in the logs. However, there were some odd access log entries relating to a security scan and I think this ultimately caused EAS to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment