Why... Why... Why?
This blog is dedicated to documenting error resolution and other tidbits that I discover while working as a Consultant in the Oracle EPM (Hyperion) field. As much of my job revolves around issue resolution, I see an opportunity to supplement the typical troubleshooting avenues such as the Oracle Knowledgebase and Oracle Forums with more pinpointed information about specific errors as they are encountered. Beware, the information found in this blog is for informational purposes only and comes without any warranty or guarantee of accuracy.

EPMVirt: Create your own Oracle Hyperion Virtual Environment:

Sunday, July 8, 2012

ODI Master Repository Creation



In trying to create the ODI Master Repository


Using this documentation,

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E23943_01/core.1111/e16453/manual.htm
F.3 Creating the Master Repository

I ran into this error:
oracle.odi.setup.RepositorySetupException: Error while updating Schema Version Regsitry Entry for ODI. Check if user has DBA permissions.


However, the user did have DBA privileges. 


Maybe this one is obvious, but I ran into a situation where I was configuring the Master repository for ODI. I did not have the SA user in Oracle so I granted dba privilege to the user that I was using to configure the ODI Master repository. In other words, the "DBA" user and the Master Repository user were the same. 

The DBA user and the Master Repository user have to be two distinct users. As soon as I granted the DBA privilege to a different user and used two distinct ids,  the repository creation was successful. The error message stating the user must have DBA permissions is a little misleading in this case.

1 comment: